The 2022 Inside the Courts program has been suspended at the present time. Please check back in Summer 2022 for possible program dates
Inside the Courts is a free four-week class that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at the court system. In addition to providing the public with an up-close examination of the workings of the judicial branch, the program also addresses some of the more frequently asked questions, such as:
- "What do Judges consider when imposing sentences?"
- "What happens to juveniles who break the law?"
- "Are all individuals who are charged with a crime eligible for bail?"
- “What is a domestic violence injunction?”
- “How many people are on death row in Florida?”
The program is held from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm in the Jury Assembly Room, located in suite 180 of the Orange County Courthouse.
Participants who complete at least 3 of the 4 sessions will receive a certificate of attendance.
The program varies from year to year, so everyone, including past participants, will learn new material at this year’s program.
If you would like to register for the following program, complete this online registration form. You do not need to register again if you had already done so.