Technology is developing at a break-neck pace, leaving many courts struggling to keep up. In this episode, court technology expert Dr. Fredric Lederer walks us through recent advancements in courtroom technology, from artificial intelligence and virtual reality to assisted technology and online dispute resolution. The courtroom of the future is here – today. Listen in to find out how technology is changing the way courts administer justice and enhancing accessibility for everyone.
- (1:05) Involvement with Center for Legal and Court Technology
- (2:39) Technology at first installation v. present
- (5:40) Virtual reality court record
- (7:19) Comparison of court records
- (8:41) Using advanced courtroom technology to teach law students
- (10:18) Future of technology - artificial intelligence
- (12:30) Online dispute resolution
- (18:07) Virtual reality
- (22:50) Wireless and mobile technology
- (24:00) Hologram/holographic presence
- (28:06) Potential pitfalls for court technology
Let us know what you think about the podcast.