Since his early years as a budding reporter covering the court beat in Tallahassee, Craig Waters felt a pull to our judicial branch. This pull followed him through his next steps as he entered law school and began a career with the Florida Supreme Court as a staff attorney. But Craig Waters had bigger plans for the court. In 1996, he started their Public Information Office and became its Communications Director. He also created their first website and became spokesman of the court during the 2000 presidential election lawsuits and appeals. He’s accomplished a great deal in his career, but now he’s ready close this chapter of his life and begin his next in retirement. Listen in to Open Ninth to hear him talk to Chief Judge Lisa Munyon about his biggest accomplishments in his career and what he’s looking forward to in retirement. OpenNinth.fm.
- 00:15 – Introduction to Craig Waters
- 11:10 – Joining the FL Supreme Court
- 20:16 – Starting the FL Supreme Court’s Public Information Office
- 22:50 – Working during Bush v. Gore
- 28:39 – Promoting PIOs in other state court systems
- 32:42 – Utilizing social media in the courts
- 43:07 – Plans for retirement