Former Judge Julie O’Kane joined our circuit in 2003 as one of our youngest judges at the time and for 18 years she proved her unwavering dedication to the work of a jurist. From joining a division she was unfamiliar with on her first day to taking on the important role of Administrative Judge, she has shown true commitment to our circuit. Now, after a long, steadfast career, she begins her next adventure: retirement. Listen in to Open Ninth to hear her talk to her longtime friend and colleague, Chief Judge Lisa Munyon, about her proudest moments from her time on the bench and what she plans to do next.
- 00:15 – Introduction to Julie O’Kane
- 04:37 – Working in litigation
- 06:43 – Why she wanted to join the bench
- 10:36 – Being on the bench
- 23:21 – Proudest moments on the bench
- 30:51 – Retirement
- 35:50 – Advice for younger Judges